Saturday, March 29, 2014

Number Thirteen ~ Bella Jewel

Number Thirteen

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Blurb:
We're thirteen girls, captive, slave to our master.
A master we've never seen.
Obedience will become all we know in our shallow existence. It is the only emotion we're permitted to feel.
When we're bad, we're punished. When we're good, we're rewarded.
Our scars run deep. Yet we survive, because we have to...
because HE teaches us to.
All of us are special, we feel it with everything we are.
He has us for a reason, but it's a reason we don't know.
We've never seen his face, but we know that something deeply broken lies beneath the darkness. With every touch, with every punishment, we know it.
Then something changed.
He showed me who he truly is.
Now I want him.
I'll go against everything I know to be with him.

A monster.

My monster.

Loving him is a sin, but a sinner I am. I won't stop until I see every part of him. Even the parts he keeps locked deep down inside.

I am Number Thirteen, and this is my story.

My Review:



3 because of William Stars...

I liked but..... (yes there's a but)
So it started off with soooo much promise the beginning just grasped me and didn't let up till about 38% or so then it just got WEIRD


We got a glimpse of Williams tragic childhood a life altering moment that while reading about you couldn't help but cry...
Then fast forward we're reading about 13 ABDUCTED girls all locked up all tattooed with a number all very, very different!!
 photo b85b58eaba3007749cdbc20e93c69d61_zpse45748c8.jpg

It starts off dark and mysterious and you just can't read fast enough to find out what happens next. You then get introduced to a few of the girls and start piecing things together, possible why's & maybe's?


THEN!!!
 photo 8005869_zps581ef4f1.jpg

We get masked balls, daddy issues, cat fight's, seduction, jealousy, family dinner, cops, safe house on and on....

I think we just got a bit TOO much? It went from good to weird over & over again.. and I was still left with some unanswered questions believe it or not!!!


 photo 7120812_zps7683afee.png




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...