Monday, December 2, 2013

Last Hit (Hitman #1) ~ Jessica Clare & Jen Frederick

Last Hit (Hitman, #1)Last Hit by Jessica Clare
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Blurb:

Nikolai:

I have been a contract killer since I was a boy. For years I savored the fear caused by my name, the trembling at the sight of my tattoos. The stars on my knees, the marks on my fingers, the dagger in my neck, all bespoke of danger. If you saw my eyes, it was the last vision you’d have. I have ever been the hunter, never the prey. With her, I am the mark and I am ready to lie down and let her capture me. Opening my small scarred heart to her brings out my enemies. I will carry out one last hit, but if they hurt her, I will bring the world down around their ears.

Daisy:

I’ve been sheltered from the outside world all my life. Homeschooled and farm-raised, I’m so naive that my best friend calls me Pollyanna. I like to believe the best in people. Nikolai is part of this new life, and he’s terrifying to me. Not because his eyes are cold or my friend warns me away from him, but because he’s the only man that has ever seen the real me beneath the awkwardness. With him, my heart is at risk..and also, my life.




3.5 stars for me

 photo blackspscroll_zps535d1289.png

What do we get when you pair up a Virgin Pollyanna and a Deadly Assassin that needs Love? A cute Erotic Story!!!

Daisy has been isolated for most of her life due to an unfortunate event that turned her life upside down when she was so young. She finally has the courage to go off on her own and explore the real world, the only knowledge she has of any male interaction is through the historical romance novels she’s read.

 photo tumblr_m6zobwOAtJ1rxfwujo1_500_zpsd93b8ed1.jpg

Nick is working an assignment and becomes obsessed with the girl across from where he is staying, he can see the innocents and good in her and is something that he craves and has to have. His only experience with women is through the ones he pays since he’s never been able to build any relationships.

 photo 005cb6d2-0862-4286-8e9f-4739a0261b20_zpsbee2e53b.jpg

It was so cute watching Nick struggling with trying to court Daisy and vice/versa watching Daisy questioning and over thinking everything. She eventually had to become the aggressor since Nick didn’t want to do anything to hurt or upset her, although he did the most adorable, funniest things in order to replace her things with ones he knew were better.


This was a quick, steamy read I also thought was funny! It definitely peeked my interest and I want to know what happens with the other characters..



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...