Thursday, December 5, 2013

Rock Bottom (Tristan & Danika #2) ~ R.K. Lilley

Rock Bottom (Tristan & Danika, #2)Rock Bottom by R.K. Lilley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Blurb:

Their love had the power of a runaway freight train, and the potential to be just as destructive.
The tempestuous sequel to Bad Things picks up where the first book left off. Reeling from a profound loss, Tristan and Danika struggle to pick up the pieces and build a life together, but the hard habits of a lifetime are not so easy to escape.
Rock Bottom takes us on a dual point of view journey through addiction and desire, through love and agony, and answers the question we’ve been asking since these characters were introduced in Grounded: “What happened between Tristan and Danika?”

DANIKA
Even love couldn’t cushion a fall like ours. My love for Tristan was so big that I felt consumed by it, and even so, it was not enough to overpower our combined demons.
I struggled. I yelled and screamed. I scratched and kicked.
I fought like hell, but even the most determined fighters have to stop before they break.
No one could say I didn’t fight for him.
“I love you,” I spoke softly into his ear.
He gripped me harder. “I can’t ever lose you, Danika. I’m not sure I’d survive it.”
“You’ve got me. And I’m not going anywhere. Not ever.”
I meant the words when I said them, but life had other plans for us.
I’d have given my life for that fight. In fact, I very nearly did.

TRISTAN
She was the one.
If I’d ever had a doubt, I didn’t now. She was the one I’d be thinking about, longing for, until I took my last breath. If I lost her tomorrow, I’d pine for her like a lovesick fool.
This was the kind of love that only hit you once in your life.





My Review:

5 Fan-Fucking- Tastic Stars!!!

 photo DIV_28_zpsba18b83e.png

Here's another emotional, angst filled read I am a masochist for!! I devoured this book in one day. This was a seamless continuation of Bad Things that took us on a crazy ride, right alongside Tristan and Danika. We were taken through all the highs and lows of their relationship and their devastating reality on why Love just wasn’t enough to prevail!

 photo 706927_zpse942ab2b.gif

Danika just gave Tristan ALL OF HER…. Mind, Body & Soul! There was nothing she wouldn’t forgive him or do for him she always placed him first and that still just wasn’t enough.

 photo Danika1_zps7a60b4d6.jpg

Tristan was obsessively in Love with Danika.. And due to his self-destructive personality just took things to different levels and just wouldn’t allow himself to see what was right in front of him was all he needed. Throughout he struggled with lose and addiction tried but just couldn’t get to that finish line and in the end the Bad won out!

 photo 2c3c5e36a034a7fa7afef1b69c1e6028_zps5c0e045a.jpg

We didnt get that HEA but we got to see two people that Loved each other Hard trying to make a relationship work through all of lifes obstacles and tragically fail! But I loved it & hope we get that second chance at Love in Lovely Trigger

 photo 7b586fe613722b86bbd7db935767a2d3_zps50f48177.jpg




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...