Sunday, December 1, 2013

Arsen: A Broken Love Story ~ Mia Asher





One glance was all it took…


I'm a cheater.
                             I'm a liar.
                             My whole life is a mess.

                             I love a man.
                             No, I love two men…
                             I think.

                            One makes love to me. The other sets me on fire.
                            One is my rock. The other is my kryptonite.

                            I'm broken, lost, and disgusted with myself.

                            But I can't stop. This is my story.
                            My broken love story.


Wow... I want more more more!
I was totally consumed by this book.

Warning if adultery and infertility are a trigger for you this is what the book is about!!



This book consumed and totally wrecked me but I devoured every single moment of it. I do not condone cheating in any way, shape or form but I just couldn't find it in me to hate Catherine for what took place.
This story was so well written I could not put it down! I felt as if I was punched in the gut repeatedly as I read about how it all came to be and kept trying to put myself in Catherine’s place and wondering what I would have done. Was Catherine at fault for all the people she hurt along the way? Abso-fucking-lutely! Could the outcome have been prevented? Possibly, but with three different individuals all hurting and dealing with things in their own way it was a train wreck waiting to happen.
I could not stop the waterworks from flowing; my chest literally pained me with heartache for Ben who did not deserve what was done to him, he was the true victim in all of this only because he tried to be positive and thought Love was all that was needed to heal. Ben was the PERFECT lover, provider and husband in every sense of the words (not sure if there is such a thing as being too perfect but Ben was just that)

 photo 14-Joe-Manganiello-picture_zps888bc13d.jpg


I sobbed for Catherine and how broken she was, not believing she was woman enough for Ben and telling herself she didn’t deserve him or his unconditional love. She was just utterly lost to reality and torn to shreds with grief. Catherine was tired of maintaining her façade for everyone and succumbed to her desires in order not to face the truth.

 photo imagesCA6KSMGC_zps22e9a2f1.jpg

I even felt pity for Arsen which was also hurting (had been hurting for some time) and was dealing with his issues the only way he knew how. He had his moments where he was childish and obnoxious but ultimately he was an opportunist and pounced when he saw his opening.

 photo imagesCAPN9I3H_zps9a690c1e.jpg

There were scenes that I had to just take a breather on cause I felt as if I was being split open, I could see where it was going but there was no stopping it… Catherine was an empty shell and was at the lowest point in her life and faltered. Her weakness and inability to open up to Ben catapulted her into Arsen which was relentless in his pursuit and made her feel alive again. I feel as if everything played out as it should have in the end even with all the lies, deceit and love lost that took place. You never really appreciate what you have until it’s gone!

 photo imagesCA8VFP6T_zpsec5d468f.jpg

I need to know what happens next!! There has to be a next!!











View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...