Friday, August 14, 2015

The Goodbye Man (The Red Market, #1) ~ Mary Palmerin & A. Giannoccaro





Dysfunctional empires were made to fall. 

I am Caesar. Broken and conflicted. I am a man who gives false goodness to those who crave it. I provide solace to the ones who beg to be saved, giving them the goodbyes they want. But, my quiet little world is about to be shattered by the whispers from heaven and hell.

I am Mateo. Unlovable and unworthy. I am the boy everyone runs from. I keep love close to me in little jars of perfection, reminding me of a thousand goodbyes I never had to say, because I left them before they could leave me.

I am Svetlana. Dirty and Used. Birthed into brutality while still trying to comprehend my version of normal. I am an injured lamb, eaten by filthy wolves day after day. Just as salvation seems like it's within reach, a goodbye from this awful world is all that I wish for.


**Graphic content warning including detailed depiction of brutal, bloody acts. Physical and emotional abuse is also apparent throughout this book with graphic sex scenes, both consensual and non-sensual. Reader discretion is highly advised. Not suitable for readers under the age of eighteen or those who are easily offended by the above mentioned acts.







Heed the warnings!!! They are there for a reason and in this case it was not an exaggeration ..
You either will Love this story or Hate it, I don't see how there can be an in between..

One of these authors must be familiar with the South Bronx because the vibes, imagery and street names were on point reason being I grew up in Hunts Point and glad to say my parents were able to shelter me from most of what went on.. But I still saw ALOT..

This was an extremely dark read, with subject matters and scenes that would shock even the most avid Dark & Twisted reader..  This was a total Mind Fuck from the start and just kept getting more intense as it went on.. If you THINK you like dark reads seriously don't bother.. You have to CRAVE the shock factors in these kinds of books.. ESPECIALLY this one..
It was gory, twisted, taboo, sick, abusive and scarier, some of the things I just read can happen right under our noses!! The Blurb did hint at what I was in for but boy was it an understatement.. I'll leave it at that for those that are brave enough to give it a go!! It's a ride you won't soon forget and possibly have nightmares about!!

Bravo Ladies on making me question MY Dysfunctional taste in books!!
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...