Monday, January 6, 2014

Becoming Sir ~ Ella Dominguez

Becoming SirBecoming Sir by Ella Dominguez
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Blurb:
Sawyer's story from The Art of D/s trilogy.

Warning: Contains detailed sexual encounters, BDSM themes, oral, anal, ménage and profanity. Not for the closed-minded, prudish, sexually inhibited, easily offended, or faint-hearted.

Reliable, trustworthy, loyal to a fault - Sawyer is the kind of man other men want to be; a real man's man. But behind the facade of a his tough exterior and deadly silence hides a strong, tortured man with dark secrets. Always content to be in the shadows, now is the time of his sexual awakening.

When Sawyer realized that there were women who unabashedly wanted to be dominated and controlled, and there was a world that embraced such things as domination and submission - everything seemed to fall into place. Tired of pretending to be someone he wasn't and suppressing his dominant tendencies, he takes the leap into the world of BDSM under the guidance of his friend and mentor, never to look back.

But the dark past and his heinous actions are hard to forget and even more difficult to leave behind. Will he be able to move forward and become the man he yearns to be?

This is Sawyer's journey into becoming Dominant, Master, Sir.



My Review:


3.5 In Training Stars!!!

 photo DIV_28_zpsba18b83e.png

This was not what I was expecting especially based on previous books and reviews I’ve looked at.

I just thought Sawyer would be this Total Alpha Male and that the secrets revealed would be darker and the training he would undergo reveal more sexually explicit scene’s … Instead we got a male that was still very much insecure in his wants and torn between his own inner needs and his troubled past which I would have loved to hear more of.


We meet Sawyer a “Dom maybe Master” in training and alongside this training we’re introduced to 2 possible prospects which IMO are both perfect for him depending on which route he’d like to take.

 photo 7130160_zps7f579e63.gif  photo beauty-body-boobs-boy-Favim_com-1025445_zpsb15b2b67.jpg

I was a bit annoyed at times just because I knew what avenue he should take, which would be a better fit for him - for both of them, but he was just not looking at the whole picture and kept swapping back and forth.. I felt this story was more on the lighter sometimes funnier side and in the end is what kept me interested in the characters and had me cheering for my choice of Submissive. I believe he would have been just fine in a Domestic Discipline relationship even though he did seem to favor some fetishes.

 photo bad-girl-cute-hot-love-Favim_com-1082029_zpsbaf57fd2.jpg

This was not the dark read I was hoping for but a good read none the less..


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...