Monday, March 14, 2016

High ~ L.P. Lovell





I’m Blake McQueen, daughter of Miles McQueen: businessman, politician, all around upstanding member of the community. 

I’m told that name means something, but well, I’ve pretty much doused it in petrol, set it on fire, and taken a shit on it for good measure. I like to think of myself as a walking middle finger. 

My name is now synonymous with booze, parties, sex, and drugs. I have to read the newspaper in the morning just to see where I was, possibly who I fucked, and judge my state of inebriation based on how much tit or minge is splashed across page five. 

Judge me all you like, love me, hate me. I don’t give a fuck. 

Life’s a party and you should never stop dancing. 

But even the sweetest of highs has it’s low. There is only so high you can go before you fall, and fall I did, right into the arms of the only man that could possibly stop me from crashing and burning. I’ve always been untouchable. I’ve never cared enough to be touchable. Until now. 

Love is the most destructive drug of all.




Totally nothing like what I was expecting!!
The blurb barley captures the depth that is Blake..
There is so much more to her if you take the time to peal away all her layers..
Something that Rhett managed to do.. All too easily!!

We got to see Blake rapidly spiral into a cycle of addiction and depression.
On the outside she was all about a great time and don't give a fuck attitude !!
But that's what she wanted us to see.. what she wanted the media to see, what her parent's saw.. 
But that definitely was not what Rhett saw.. And yet!!!



This was an extremely raw read.. no sugar coating here.. a trip through the inside scoop of what we read on gossip columns daily.. What we think we know.. Assumptions we make.. And then the Truth!!

So yea, a tough read on real life 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...