Thursday, March 24, 2016

Sparrow ~ L.J. Shen





Troy Brennan

Every Southie in Boston knows that name. The son of a dead mobster. The heart-throb with steel-blue eyes. "The Fixer" who can make or break you in this city. 

Oh, and my new husband. 

Sparrow Raynes 

That's me. No one seemed to remember my name up until he barged into my life. 
But then he caged me. 
Kidnapped me. 
And killed every chance I had to run away from the place where we grew up. 
Put simply, Troy Brennan clipped my wings. 

I have dreams, big ones, but I doubt he'll ever let me chase them. I have no idea why he decided to take me as his wife. But I do know this: pissing off this man will not do me any good. At all. 





This read just took me by surprise and blew me away..
I absolutely love the arranged marriage theme and when an author can add a twist 
and make it their own.. I want to shout it off the roof tops!!!
Troy was a deliciously wicked bad-ass on a mission..
It's all about respect and revenge for him..
He's feared by many and is practically untouchable so when he takes Sparrow
as his wife no one is more surprised than she is.
She'd never really associated with him. she'd kept to her crowd and there was an age difference as well that apparently didn't matter much to Troy since it was just for mere convenience.. Didn't matter he'd practically caged her clipped her wings!!!

Damn Troy was an utter douche but so yummy and Sparrow gave it right back without fear.. she was everything a heroine should be.. she hid her vulnerabilities but...
She stood her ground..
There was so much to this story, mafia business, mystery, affairs, cheating (yes cheating), angst and through it all a kick ass plot that kept me engaged from beginning to end!!
And we get a HEA!!!!

L.J. Shen was a new to me author but I thoroughly enjoyed her writing style.
Definitely will pick up more of her work!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...